TO ALL MEDIA HOUSES OPENNING OF Flagbearership Nomination
The Convention People’s Party wish to inform the General Public and all
stakeholders that the Party has open nominations to elect a Flagbearer for the 2024 general elections.
In this regard the Party is announcing to all Comrades who are in good standing as enshrined in the party’s constitution and are interested in contesting on the Party’s ticket to pick their nomination forms from the Party’s Headquarters starting from 20th April to 11th May2023.
The Central Committee of the Party has also approve the following fees and
guidelines pertaining to the Flagbearer race as detailed below:
Picking of Nomination Forms GHC20,000
Filing FeesGHC200,000 Grassroots Mobilization Development Fund GHC230,000 Grand Total GHC450,000
APPROVED MODALITIES FOR CPP FLAGBEARERSHIP RACE
These requirements shall apply to persons contesting for the position of Presidential Candidate on behalf of the Party in the 2024:
1. Candidates must hold a valid party membership card for four(4)years or more.
2. Candidates must have paid their membership dues in full.
3. Candidates must be registered to vote in any national elections.
4. Candidates must be in good standing in the party.
5. A candidate shall not be qualified for election unless he or she is nominated for election by a document which:
a. Is signed by him or her signifying his or her consent.
b. Is signed by two registered voters who are fully paid-up members of the Party in each administrative region of Ghana
c. Is delivered to the Congress committee before or on the deadline day of the filing process.
d. A Candidate must demonstrate belief in and commitment to the ideology and
philosophy of the Party.
e. Candidates must be nominated by a regional or national executive member and seconded by same of good standing
6. To protect the party from reputational damage and limit the exposure to potential legal liability, due diligence with regards to assets, individuals or processes is often required by law and must be built into the guidelines.
Candidates are expected to provide the following:
i.Two(2) copies of 5″x8″portrait pictures on a Red background.
ii. Police Report to be obtained from the CID Headquarters, Accra and certified by a Senior Police Officer.
iii. Five (5) copies of Resume/CurriculumVitae.
7. A candidate must provide an official receipt indicating the full payment of the approved Nomination and filing fees before being allowed to go through the vetting process
8. Any current Constituency, Regional or National officer who wish to pick and file his /her nominations form to contest in the flagbearership race must resign immediately in order not to get unfair advantage over other aspirants.
9. All aspiring candidates must sign a commitment form, or an undertaking to fully part-take in all re-organization programs most especially to organize the polling stations and electoral areas after the flagbearership race. Failure of any candidate to part-take in the re-organization programme of the party shall be summoned by the central committee and later referred to an extraordinary congress for determination.
10. Non-residential candidates must provide evidence of Citizenship and other relevant documents stipulated by law, fourteen (14) clear days before vetting.
11. All payments to the congress committee shall be either by cash or banker’s draft
12. All payments made to the congress committee are Non-refundable
NB: As part of the political process, candidates must take note that they will be vetted by the Party to ensure that they embody the party’s values and core ethics to help avoid political scandals and ensure the maximum chances or likelihood of the party, putting up a credible and electable candidate on its Ticket.
NANA YAA AKYEMPIM JANTUAH