The General Manager of Hello Fm under Despite Media has been awarded the Africa Role Model overall Award In Media Excellence (KOMLA DUMOR AWARD) at the 13th Edition of the YOUNG PROFESSIONAL YOUTH COALITION-MTN PULSE Transformation Africa Conference and Africa Role Model Awards 2022 in Great Hall KNUST Kumasi.
Sampson Kwame Nyamekye was presented with a Plaque and Citation which was pronounced as follows:
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS YOUTH COALITION IDENTIFIES WITH YOUR VALUES on this 27th Day of August, 2022, the Governing Council of Young Professionals Youth Coalition on behalf of all Members confers on you, our respectable title: AFRICA ROLE MODEL OVERALL AWARD IN MEDIA EXCELLENCE.
The Awards recipients are YOUNG PROFESSIONALS YOUTH COALITION finest selection of the most outstanding Institutions and Personalities who have truly excelled as transformational leaders and role models impacting society, young people and also inspiring change in their various endeavors.
The awards are few and were carefully chosen after going through a very competitive selection process by the selection Board and Governing Council of Young Professionals Youth Coalition.
The Theme for this year’s summit is dubbed “THE FUTURE OF OUR YOUTH: JOBS, LEADERSHIP, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND DIGITIZATION”.
The Asantehene Otumfour Osei Tutu was supposed to chair the whole function but could not make it so Nana Acheamfuo Asafo Boakye Agyemang Bonsu, the
Asafohene and Head of Akwamu Division of Asanteman came to represent him.
In his speech the Director General Prosecutions, Ghana Police Service, COP Nathan Kofi Boakye urged the youth to embrace digitization for personal and professional development.
“Times are changing and a lot of job opportunities have been erased. In thinking about jobs the first thing we should think about is what are the sustainable jobs going into the future?
“Our youth should be more concerned with current trends. We are talking about jobs, we are talking entrepreneurship, we are talking about digitization and we are talking about leadership. Among these four, what can drive all the others is digitization,” he noted.
Founder and President of Young Professionals Youth Coalition, Mr. Andy Osei Okrah said there is an urgent need to secure the future of the youth to ensure development of the nation.
“Many young people do not want to learn any trade. They are growing more and more lazy just searching for quick fixes. University students are taken time betting instead of studying to come out with innovative solutions,” he observes.
The following are the Awardees at the 13th edition of the YPYC MTN PULSE Transformation Africa Conference and Africa Role Model Awards 2022.
1. Africa Role Model Woman in Executive Leadership- Lifetime Achievement Award went to Professor (Mrs) Rita Akosua Dickson Vice Chancellor, KNUST.
2.Africa Role Model in Academic Excellence Lifetime Achievement went to Prof Ellis Owusu Dabo, Pro Vice Chancellor, KNUST.
3. Africa Role Model “The Grand Award” went to Atta Acheampong, CEO, Attachy Constructions Ltd.
4. Africa Role Model Overall Male Personality of the Year went to Emmanuel Kojo Jones Mensah, CEO Empire Modus Ltd
5. Africa Role Model Overall Female Personality went to Professor Marian Asantewaa Nkansah, Deputy Vice Dean, DOSA.
6. Africa Role Model Overall Organization Category went to Multimedia Group.
7. Africa Role Model in Entrepreneurship Development Award went to Emmanuel Kojo Jones Mensah.
8. Africa Role Model in Business Excellence Award went to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Adinkra Pie, Barima Osei Mensah.
9. Africa Role Model Overall Award in Media Excellence (Komla Dumor Award) (Private Media sector) went to Sampson Kwame Nyamekye, General Manager Hello FM
10. Africa Role Model in Media Excellence (Komla Dumor) Award (Public media sector) went to Anthony Bells Kafui Kanyi, Deputy Editor GNA and former Oti/Volta GJA Chairman.
11. Africa Role Model in Public Service Leadership went to COP Nathan Kofi Boakye, Director General, Legal Prosecution, Ghana Police Service
12. Young Role Model in Youth Development and Climate Change went to Cedric Dzelu, Global YMCA Ambassador
13. Africa Role Model in Leadership Excellence and Youth Mentorship went to Prof Ibok Nsa Oduro, College of Science.
Published for heroesghnews by Rexkin Ohene Boateng.
Source: Kwabena Ntow