Home / GENERAL NEWS / Just In V/R: Aflao ECG (BSP) Cable Thief Is Reportedly Dead

Just In V/R: Aflao ECG (BSP) Cable Thief Is Reportedly Dead

AFLAO ECG (BSP) CABLE THIEF IS DEAD

A 32-year-old man has been reported dead at Aflao, in the Ketu South Municipality of the Volta Region, after he was electrocuted early Wednesday morning.

Eric Kofi Quaye, now deceased, was found with severe burns covering almost every part of his body when he allegedly attempted to steal the incomer (cable) that supplies power to the Aflao Bulk Supply Point(BSP)

According to the Public Relations Officer of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) for Volta/Oti, Benjamin Antwi, the incident happened at about 5:20 am on Wednesday, April 13, 2022.

See also  Indian High Commissioner embarks on a five-day working visit to the Ahafo Region.

He indicated that preliminary assessments revealed that the suspect tampered with the incomer cable with the aim of cutting it for him to go and sell the copper in it.

The incident led to power outages at the following areas Denu, Dzodze, Agbozume, Nogokpo, Adina, parts of Keta, Akatsi, and the Ave enclave.

Fortunately for him, his tampering led to a blackout that released him from the grip of the electricity after suffering a great deal.

Eric Quaye was been admitted to the Ketu North Government Hospital and is receiving intensive care while the Aflao police have officially notified him of his arrest while receiving treatment.

Power was later restored after many hours of repair works after which a formal complaint was lodged with the Aflao Police.

The victim, Eric Kofi Quaye however, died Wednesday getting to the evening time while receiving treatment at the Ketu South Municipal Hospital in Aflao.

The entire electricity Bulk Power Station (BPS) serving electricity to Denu, Agbozume, parts of Nogokpo, Aflao, Dzodze, parts of Keta, and parts of Akatsi, Dzodze, Adina, and Ave Towns went offline after he got electrocuted attempting to steel cables.

Eric Kofi Quaye got seriously electrocuted and his clothing also caught fire as he suffered the electrocution causing him to burn beyond recognition but still alive.

for heroesghnews by Kwabena Ntow, Beyond Fm Nkwanta-South.

About admin

Check Also

“I Won’t Declare Myself A Mere Driver’s Mate”- The Implications

In the bid to outdoor the “Running Mate” Prof. Jane Nana Opku Agyemang of the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

x