The 2021/2022 Colleges of Education admission list after the Principals of College of Education (PRINCOF) directed for the suspension of its release is finally out, A staff of the Ministry of Education told EductionWeb.com.gh on Friday.
The 46 public Colleges of Education admission list for the 2021/2022 academic year list for first choice applicants was previously slated to be out from Sunday, October 31, 2021, but it was postponed after further consultation.
Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, the Minister for Education following the release of the 2021/22 admission list has said first-year students to be admitted into the various public teacher training institutions will report to school on January 8, 2021.
The Education Minister at meeting with the Colleges of Education Principals urged them to ensure that the 2021/2022 academic year fresh students admission do not exceed numbers that were admitted in the 2019/2020 academic year.
In a related development, the Spokesman for the Ministry of Education, Kwasi Kwarteng has said the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD), is currently processing the payment of teacher trainees allowance.
The Education Ministry Public Relations Officer (PRO) in an interview monitored by EducationWeb.com.gh said the Ministry of Finance (MoF) has approved the full payment of the ‘delayed’ 6 months allowance.
“The Ministry of Finance is responsible for releasing the funds. It is now at the level of the Controller and Accountant General’s Department for final disbursement. So I’m sure as soon as possible the money will be released,” he stated.
How to Check College of Education Admission Status
1. Visit the admission status checking portal http://admissionsghana.com
2. Select Colleges of Education as your Category
3. Select academic year (E.g 2021)
4. Select your preferred Colleges of Education (CoE) from the list of schools that have admitted students for the academic year (E.g Accra College of Education)
5. Enter your application reference number
6. Your application details will display, click on send code
7. A code will be sent to you. The code sent to you is what you will use to print out your admission letter.